Data privacy notice
We’re happy to welcome you to our website. The protection of your personal data is very important to us. In the following, we will inform you about the collection and processing of data during visits to our website and when contacting us. We will also inform you of which rights you may assert.
1. Responsible authority and data protection officer
The authority responsible for the collection and processing of data is:
Sasol Wax GmbH
Further details can found under Imprint
If you have any questions regarding your rights or the processing of data, our data protection officer will be happy to help you. They can be reached at: Datenschutz-Sasolwax@de.sasol.com
2. Visiting our website
- what data are collected during your visit to our website,
- for what purposes these are processed, and
- the options you have to control the collection and processing of data yourself, and when the data will be deleted.
- When visiting our website, the following information is automatically transmitted by your browser:
- Date, time and duration of the visit
- Name of your Internet service provider
- Name of the website that directed you to us
- Your device’s IP address
- Your browser type and its version
- Your device’s operating system
- These data help give us a statistical insight into the ways in which our website is used, which then allows us to improve our offer. In addition, the collection of data allows us to retrace and prevent any unauthorised access to our web server or misuse of the website.
- Visiting our website involves the use of so-called cookies. These are small text files that are stored on your device. Cookies generally contain a so-called cookieID, a unique identification code which allows your browser to be identified.
- Some of the cookies we use are deleted upon closing your browser (so-called session cookies), while others remain on your device and so allow us to recognise your browser (so-called persistent cookies).
You can completely deactivate the saving of cookies in your browser, or accept certain cookies selectively. Please use the help function of your browser to find out how you can change this setting. This can affect the functionality of our website.
3. Making contact
In the following, we will inform you of:
- what data are collected and processed when you contact us,
- for what uses they are processed and by whom, and
- when the data are deleted.
Contact form / Email
- We collect and process the information you provide, such as your e-mail address and name, when you contact us via a contact form or by e-mail
- Your data are processed by our customer service team exclusively based on your enquiry in order to respond to it.
- The data are then deleted when they are no longer needed, once the enquiry is resolved.
4. Your rights:
Revocation of consent
You can revoke any permissions given for the processing of your data at any time with future effect. A revocation of consent can be sent by email to Datenschutz-Sasolwax@de.sasol.com or in writing to the address given above. Please note that the revocation does not affect the legality of the previous data processing and that it does not extend to such data processing, for which there is a legal reason for permission and which therefore can be processed without your consent.
- Information: You can request at any time that we disclose which personal data of yours we are using and provide you with a copy of your saved personal data, Article 15 GDPR.
- Rectification of incorrect personal data and completion of incomplete personal data, Article 16 GDPR.
- Deletion of your personal data: Please note that the deletion excludes data that are required for the implementation and execution of contracts; for the establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims; or that must be retained due to legal, regulatory or contractual obligations, Article 17 GDPR.
- Restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances you can request that the processing of your data be restricted, e.g. if you believe the data to be false, if their handling is unlawful or if you have registered an objection to their being processed. In this case, your data may only be processed without your consent in a highly restricted manner, for example, for the establishment, exercise and defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of other natural or legal persons, Article 18 GDPR.
- Objection to processing of data: You have the option to object to data processing for direct marketing purposes at any time. In addition, if you have special reasons, you may at any time object to the data processing that takes place on the basis of a legitimate interest, Art. 21 DSGVO.
- Data portability: You have the right to receive the data you have already provided us in an established and machine-readable format, and, as far as is technically possible, to request the direct transmission of this to a third party, Article 20 GDPR.
To exercise these rights, we request that you contact our data protection officer via email on Datenschutz-Sasolwax@de.sasol.com or in writing to the address given above.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority.